Our popular online course has been revised and renewed into a self-paced course with a Facebook Group support page. New family history bloggers will be able to work through our most popular online course in their own time with 8 lessons that comprise of videos, handouts and resources.
In our Family History Blog Writing course, students learn to build content for their family history blog. Participants will write and create all the pages for their new blog. Students will identify the topic of their blog, outline the contents and write their first post. At the end of the course, bloggers will leave with their first post ready to go and a complete monthly editorial calendar.
Here’s what you’ll learn
- Identify your audience.
- Establish specific goals for your blog.
- Create a short online bio introducing you to your readers.
- Learn to brainstorm topics and create an outline for your blog.
- Understand the elements of a great family history blog post and various shapes your posts can take.
- Learn how to manage your blog.
- Create a one-month editorial calendar.
- Learn how to prioritize your time to sustain your blog long-term.
- Learn about publishing online and how to turn your blog into a book.
Questions and sharing will take place in our private Facebook group, where you can ask questions of Lynn as you work through establishing your family history blog.