Family History Blog Writing
Our most popular course returns this winter, with revised and updated content and delivered in an email self-paced course. Watch here for details.
In our Family History Blog Writing Course, students learn to build content for their family history blog. Participants will write and create all the pages for their new blog. Students come to the first class with their blog set up on their favourite blogging platform. Over the 5 weeks, students will build the pages for a successful blog, identify the topic of their blog, outline the contents and write their first post. At the end of the course, bloggers will leave with their first post ready to go and a completed monthly editorial calendar.
Here’s what you’ll learn
- Identify your audience.
- Establish specific goals for your blog.
- Create a short online about page introducing you to your readers.
- Learn to brainstorm topics and create an outline for your blog.
- Understand the elements of a great family history blog post and write your first post.
- Learn how to manage your blog.
- Create a one-month editorial calendar.
- Learn how to prioritize your time to sustain your blog long-term.
- Learn about publishing online and how to turn your blog into a book.
Each week, students will be given small assignments to practice what they have learned. They will share their assignments with their fellow students in a private forum. They can ask questions in the forum, share ideas, struggles and successes. Lynn will review and critique each students work at the end of each week.